Grounding adapters enable electrical appliances to work with wall sockets for which their electrical cords and plugs were not originally designed.
In practice, American grounding adapters are typically used to form a connection between three-pronged plugs and power sockets that are designed to receive two prongs. By attaching such a plug to the female end of a grounding adapter and then inserting that adapter into a wall, a complete electrical current can be formed, allowing even appliances like antique lamps that were built with three-pronged plugs to work in modern households that have only two-pronged sockets in living areas.
Our hooked, vinyl grounding adapter is intended to convert 3-wire lines to use with 2-wire ones. Its 15A-126V terminal type is capable of being used within all American homes and businesses.
About Savta Lighting
Since 1957, our expert staff has been helping customers find and fit lamp parts for table lamps, floor lamps, ceiling fixtures, and many additional applications.
Whether you are looking for lamp parts to repair an existing lamp or to build a new lamp, we have both the lamp parts you need and the expertise to help you complete your project.
- Orders less than $50 are subject to a $5 minimum order fee.
- UPS ground shipping within 1 to 7 business days
- In-store collection available within 1 to 7 business days
- Next-day and Express delivery options also available
- See the delivery FAQs for details on shipping methods, costs and delivery times
- Merchandise may not be returned without our permission. We are more than anxious to correct any errors we might make without expense to you. If the error is yours, there will be a 20% restocking charge on all returned merchandise. Please notify us within a maximum of five business days regarding shortages or incorrect shipments. No returns or claims will be accepted after 30 days.